ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments
- Verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning all pertinent backup for transactions.
- Vendor Setup to assure all pertinent information has been vetted
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Minimum of 1-2 years progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in accounts payable
- Demonstrated accounts payable experience
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Must be detailed and organized
- Must have robust skills in Excel, and PDF Software, Deltek Vantage Point a plus
- Must have average typing skills of 35 wpm
- Must be able to sit for 8 hours a day doing A/P related work
- Ability to meet monthly deadlines within designated constraints
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must have a clean MVR Record
- Must be emotionally stable and of a sound mind to handle a fast-paced office environment
- Must be respectable and maintain a professional attitude
- Must pass a background and drug screening if an initial conditional job offer is proposed
- Must be an individual with a high standard of workplace hygiene