New York EHS Consultant
Upstate New York, NY
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time by Safe T Professionals, LLC as deemed necessary and appropriate at its sole discretion.
- Manage the field staff for daily duties to PTO, Hiring and Termination
- Review staffing plans for new work and new employees
- Review the project-specific safety manuals submitted by subcontractors
- Coordinates safety orientation and activities of unit managers, facilitating the full implementation of the Project Site Specific Safety Plan
- Develop positive relationships with project management and trade workers
- Assist the Project Superintendent with the planning and hazard mitigation of identified high hazard contractor activities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental requirements per employee
- Assist with Job Hazard Analysis/Hazardous Assessments and other risk assessments
- Conduct field safety observations and drive all solutions in the field, seeking guidance from Project Superintendent when necessary.
- Review work control permits examine job plans and specifications to determine if all safety precautions have been included.
- Tours work area to inspect fire safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Determines requirements for personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety devices.
- Conducts or coordinates safety and first aid training to educate workers about safety policies, laws, and practices.
- Investigates accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
- May conduct air quality tests for presence of harmful gases and vapors
- Be responsible for any subcontractors and suppliers to be aware of project compliance.
- Actively participate in and provide leadership to the Construction Emergency Response Team.
- Provide daily reports to the Safe T Professionals, LLC office
At Safe T Professionals, we understand that our company can only thrive with PASSIONATE, FOCUSED, TEAM-ORIENTED employees. If you are enthusiastic about what each work day must bring and have a burning desire to succeed in everything you do, Safe T Professionals is looking for you.
*Please know that it is our intention to respond to every resume submission. However, from time to time we receive large amounts of resumes and may miss yours.
Must be LOCAL!! Must have current OSHA 500 or equivalent along with at least 5 years of experience in construction safety and/or equivalent BCSP certifcate(s)