San Jose EHS Consultant
San Jose, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time by Safe T Professionals, LLC as deemed necessary and appropriate at its sole discretion.
- Manage the field staff for daily duties to PTO, Hiring and Termination
- Review staffing plans for new work and new employees
- Review the project-specific safety manuals submitted by subcontractors
- Coordinates safety orientation and activities of unit managers, facilitating the full implementation of the Project Site Specific Safety Plan
- Develop positive relationships with project management and trade workers
- Assist the Project Superintendent with the planning and hazard mitigation of identified high hazard contractor activities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental requirements per employee
- Assist with Job Hazard Analysis/Hazardous Assessments and other risk assessments
- Conduct field safety observations and drive all solutions in the field, seeking guidance from Project Superintendent when necessary.
- Review work control permits examine job plans and specifications to determine if all safety precautions have been included.
- Tours work area to inspect fire safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Determines requirements for personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety devices.
- Conducts or coordinates safety and first aid training to educate workers about safety policies, laws, and practices.
- Investigates accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
- May conduct air quality tests for presence of harmful gases and vapors
- Be responsible for any subcontractors and suppliers to be aware of project compliance.
- Actively participate in and provide leadership to the Construction Emergency Response Team.
- Provide daily reports to the Safe T Professionals, LLC office
Minimum Requirements: current OSHA 30 (card on hand), OSHA 500 or equivalent along with at least 5 years of experience in construction safety and/or equivalent BCSP certificate(s)
Preferred Experience: Electrical Safety, New construction, Civil construction, Electrical Substation, Commissioning, De-Commissioning, Electrical/Public Utilities, Solar Farm residential/commercial, Government work (DOE, DOT, DOD)