United States EHS Consultant
We are hiring for nationwide positions, both local and travelers. If you are looking for your next opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time by Safe T Professionals as deemed necessary and appropriate at its sole discretion.
· Manage the field staff for daily duties to PTO, Hiring and Termination
· Review staffing plans for new work and new employees
· Review the project-specific safety manuals submitted by subcontractors
· Coordinates safety orientation and activities of unit managers, facilitating the full implementation of the Project Site Specific Safety Plan
· Develop positive relationships with project management and trade workers
· Assist the Project Superintendent with the planning and hazard mitigation of identified high hazard contractor activities.
· Ensure compliance with environmental requirements per employee
· Assist with Job Hazard Analysis/Hazardous Assessments and other risk assessments
· Conduct field safety observations and drive all solutions in the field, seeking guidance from Project Superintendent when necessary.
· Review work control permits examine job plans and specifications to determine if all safety precautions have been included.
· Tours work area to inspect fire safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
· Determines requirements for personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety devices.
· Conducts or coordinates safety and first aid training to educate workers about safety policies, laws, and practices.
· Investigates accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
· May conduct air quality tests for presence of harmful gases and vapors
· Be responsible for any subcontractors and suppliers to be aware of project compliance.
· Actively participate in and provide leadership to the Construction Emergency Response Team.
· Provide daily reports to the Safe T Professionals office
Minimum Requirements: current OSHA 30 (card on hand), OSHA 500 or equivalent along with at least 5 years of experience in construction safety and/or equivalent BCSP certificate(s).
Preferred Experience: Electrical Safety, New construction, Civil construction, Electrical Substation, Commissioning, De-Commissioning, Electrical/Public Utilities, Solar Farm residential/commercial, Government work (DOE, DOT, DOD), Data Centers, Semi-Conductor Facility, Hazardous Waste