Am I In Danger?
If trenches and excavations at your site are not inspected daily for evidence of possible cave-ins,
hazardous atmospheres, failure of protective systems, or other unsafe conditions, you are in danger.
How Do I Avoid Hazards?
- Before construction begins.
- Daily before each shift.
- As needed throughout the shift.
- Following rainstorms or other hazard-increasing events (such as a vehicle or other equipment
approaching the edge of an excavation).Inspections must be conducted by a competent person who:
- Has training in soil analysis.
- Has training in the use of protective systems.
- Is knowledgeable about the OSHA requirements.
- Has authority to immediately eliminate hazards.To help evaluate different protection systems and identify the warning signs of excavation failure see
the Guide for Daily Inspection of Trenches and Excavations.
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P, Excavations. OSHA Standard.
Safe T Pros is Here to Help
Contact your Safe T Pros professional on the job site he or she can help. Contact the office if you do not
have a safe T Pros professional on site.
241 S. Washington St. • Chandler, AZ 85225
800.502.9481 • firstname.lastname@example.org